Sunday, November 9, 2008

Medical Update

Well, the news is not good at this time. Deb had her CAT scan last week and the surgeon called and said the diverticulitis never went away and the infection is pretty wide spread. So he put her back on antibiotics, which is making her more sick. While it may be helping to stop the infection, it makes her sick to her stomach and it's not good.
She will be having surgery during the 1st week of December to remove about 9 inches of her colon. She should be in the hospital for 3 - 5 days if all goes well. However, everytime she has had surgery she gets an infection and this time she'll be going into surgery already with an infection.
Of course it doesn't help that we've been hearing from people who have lost family members from infections due to this surgery. That doesn't comfort us at all. But we know a few people who have had the surgery and have come through very well.
We need everyone's prayers on Deb's behalf. She's scared, I'm scared, and Madyson is scared. Deb has a great surgeon and we're confident he'll do the best job he can.
We are going to hold a special fast on November 29th and would appreciate anyone who would like to join us.
Since we cannot keep everyone posted by phone or email on her condition, I will be putting updates on the blog and our Facebook pages.

6 comments:

Bethany and Cameron said...

Oh my goodness, Debbie.:( I am so sorry to hear about this. We will surely fast with you guys. Please let me know how else I can help out! Please!

Shelly said...

Im sorry to hear that the infection hasnt gone away, but im sure all will be good. You guys are not having very good medical luck, are you? I hope things get better for you. See you in 2 weeks!

Jade said...

Debbie, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am sure all will go well.

Nicole said...

Debbie, I hope the surgery goes well!! We'll be praying for you!

Britney said...

WOW im sorry to hear all of that!! I am sure the surgery will be just fine. We will def be fasting for her.

AZ Bastians said...

Mike, my dad had a similar surgery last year and is doing fine. Please know that you and your family will be in our prayers.