Wednesday, April 29, 2009

20 POUNDS AND COUNTING!!!!!!

So I am so proud of Mike that I have to brag. This change in diet and lifestyle has been hard on him and he is taking it like such a trooper. He has lost 20 pounds so far and is exercising almost everyday and HE EVEN ATE FISH last night for dinner. Any of you who really know my sweet husband, know how much of an accomplishment these steps are.

I am so happy that he is taking his health so seriously. We all want him around for a long time and at the risk of sounding so mushy, I am not sure I could handle a life without him so these changes mean everything to me. I am doing my part to be good and do the diet right along side him and we have only had a couple of arguements over food and hunger in the process. We actually fought over 6 almonds - yes, that was not a typo - 6 almonds. The can said that a serving size was 20 almonds and the diet says 6 almonds is a single serving and of course a hungry man would rather eat 20 almonds than 6 so it got a little heated and he said he refused to eat just 6 almonds just out of principle. Well, he took them today in his lunch so he has gotten over it but now it gives us something to laugh about.

I am really proud of you hon! I love you!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

You both deserve congrats! Its hard work!