Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It Has Been Way Too Long

Okay, so it's been three months since our last post. I'm so sorry. I've been very busy on the computer doing genealogy, but neglecting my duties to keep everyone updated on our lives.

So let's re-cap the last couple of months (I'll attach pictures later)...

Right before the Winter Break in school, Cat called me and asked if I would be willing to take Madyson during the week and let her have the weekends. We were very excited for this opportunity because it was something Madyson had wanted to do. It was a difficult decision because we really enjoyed having that weekend time with Madyson because the entire weekend was quality time with her. But having her during the week has proved to be a blessing, and I'm sure Cat feels it a blessing to have Maddy on the weekends with her. Cat is the Primary President of her ward and she loves having Maddy a part of her Primary.


Maddy loves her new school and loves having her really good friends in her class. Maybe she's enjoying it a bit too much as her grades have slipped a little bit, but she's learning how important it is to get good grades.

Around Christmas time, Deb's friend Celeste and her two boys moved in with us during a time of family struggles. It's been both fun and frustrating for everyone involved (a 3-bedroom house is not designed for six people and a home office). But we're all doing the best we can to make it work. Her two boys are such fun. They are full of questions, but most importantly, they both LOVE NASCAR!!! They were so crushed when my favorite driver won the Daytona 500 instead of their favorite driver.

Deb has a new calling. She was released from being Primary Chiorster and was put in as the Beehive Advisor. We have a great bunch of Beehives in our ward. They come to the house every couple of months and they love to have fun.

I have a new calling as well. I was released from teaching the 8-9 year old Valiant B Primary class and am now the new Ward Family History Consultant. FINALLY, a ward calling I've always wanted. Of course, I didn't realize that I get to be responsible for the Temple Work of the ward too. That is a daunting task. To top it off, my Dad was released from the Bishopbric and was put in as the Hight Priests Group Leader. So now, as Family History Consultant, I am under my Dad in who I report too. It's been a lot of fun working with him in this calling.

I also got a new job. Instead of working for the State Supreme Court, I am now the Limited Jurisdiction Court Administrator for Pinal County. I do not directly supervise all the courts in Pinal County, I'm more like a liasion for them and do whatever they need done. I'm supervising the trainer that trains all the employees. So it's a lot of responsibility, but it's so much fun. It was a good move to make.

Well, those are the big changes for now. I promise I'll try to do better in the future.

3 comments:

The Malone's said...

Wow, it doesn't seem like that much has happened in the last 3 months, but when you write it down like that, it seems like a ton has happened.

Britney said...

wow you finally updated!! With all those changes its about time...haha. And nascar...BOOO but give it a few years and Tyler will be right up there with all the nascar fans since hes obsessed with cars!

Shelly said...

Its about time, I had almost given up on you!!! Im glad you like your new job and that all is working out for you guys (except the house guests) Im glad we got to see you guys, even if it was only for a few days.