Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Fever

This has been a crazy couple of weeks. I have had spring fever so badly and I have tackled a list of projects! I went through every room in the house and found some project to do. It has been so liberating to get the house more organized and get rid of so much junk. I feel like I throw so much away and then the next thing I know - there is more. Where does it come from?

Maddy made honor roll again this quarter. We are really proud of her because the homework scene has been such a challenge this year. But she is hanging in there and then the grades pay off and she is so proud of herself. Ahhh...we may be mean parents to make her do her homework but we have fun rewards when it pays off.

I am so excited for General Conference!! I turn off the phones, clear the calendar and shut out the world and focus on nothing but soaking in the spiritual feast. Truly my favorite times of the year. It's also when we inventory all of our food storage and emergency prep stuff to see what we need to replenish. The only down side is I am feeling this overwhelming feeling like we are still so far from being as prepared as we want/need to be. It seems like we have a ton but I still get overwhelmed thinking I am missing stuff. Does anyone else go through this? It's like, I never run out of more things I need to get and do.

2 comments:

Shelly Beutler said...

I relate to everything you just posted! Is Maddie permanently with you guys? I think "nice" parents hurt their kids more than not - "strict" parents rule! As far as food storage goes - we all have to CONSTANTLY plug along. Last night I sent the kids to the basement to get me some pineapple, only to find it's ALL GONE! Time to buy a few CASES of it. I opened the paper and found it on sale, so this week I'm doing pineapple; next week something else. Little by little it will all add up!

simplyshye said...

ahhhhh - YA !! my list can be 1,000,000 and then I just KNOW there is something i forgot ;-)
I feel yOU -
Also - i LVOe conference too - it's so nice to be at hm with my fam and listen to those wonderful talks / music / inspirations !

I LOve this idea of going through every room !! I shall try that someday ... WOOW ! that is fabulous ! thanks for the share -- loves to all 3 of you and Great job on honor roll Maddie ;)