Sunday, August 30, 2009

Where A Door Closes Another Opens...

Well, today was a sad day. The ward we have called home for 5 years now just split today and our neighborhood was it. I knew it would be, it only makes the most sense with the growth in this area...growth is good! I bawled my eyes out and then bawled some more. We are going to miss everything about this Ward. Being able to see family each week and sit together supporting each other, the AMAZING friendships we have - you all have touched our lives in so many ways and we can never thank you for all of the goodness and service that was done in our behalf. We are also so grateful for the opportunities we have had to serve and grow in the ward - I have LOVED serving in the Young Womens. Those girls are so strong spiritually and they are amazing. I love you all so much and will miss you with all my heart. Mike has been serving in his dream calling as Family History Consultant. He has loved this opportunity to serve doing something that he is so passionate about.

Now, to turn this into something to smile about!! We are not moving far away, just going to a new Ward. At least we are still close and will hopefully have many opportunities to see our friends all the while getting to make new ones. I love what one of the Bishops said today - I think it was Bishop Burnham - it's all kind of a blurr - but it was said that friendship holds no boundaries and that is so true. Once a friend, always a friend. We are looking to embrace Page Ward and give it all we've got!! I have complete Faith in our Father in Heaven and in the leaders of this stake. If this was meant to be, then there are reasons and we look to the future with antiscipation, a little sadness, but ready to move ahead. I want all of you in the Durango Ward who mean so much to us to know of our love for you, for the gospel and to know that we are always here if you ever need US!! To all our Kristin Manor buddies, it's all good and at least we are forging ahead together!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

We will miss you guys! I am sure I will still see ya at stake activities though! Page ward is getting a lot of great families!

Heather said...

Debbie, I have really loved serving with you in the young womens. It has been so much fun getting to know you and of course, girls camp memories will last a lifetime :). I know that you will be so valuable in your next ward as you have been in this one. You are right, there are no boundaries to friendship. You are a great friend.

The Malone's said...

Does this mean that the Malone clan has finally be seperated? How can that be? What will Chuck and Linda do now? So Phoenix, here they come! Ha like that would ever happen. Enjoy your new ward.