Monday, March 30, 2009
Maddy made honor roll again this quarter. We are really proud of her because the homework scene has been such a challenge this year. But she is hanging in there and then the grades pay off and she is so proud of herself. Ahhh...we may be mean parents to make her do her homework but we have fun rewards when it pays off.
I am so excited for General Conference!! I turn off the phones, clear the calendar and shut out the world and focus on nothing but soaking in the spiritual feast. Truly my favorite times of the year. It's also when we inventory all of our food storage and emergency prep stuff to see what we need to replenish. The only down side is I am feeling this overwhelming feeling like we are still so far from being as prepared as we want/need to be. It seems like we have a ton but I still get overwhelmed thinking I am missing stuff. Does anyone else go through this? It's like, I never run out of more things I need to get and do.
Friday, March 20, 2009
They are doing the same procedure as last time, opening up my throat (like a tracheotomy) and removing the damaged disk (at C5-C6). In its place they will put a cadaver bone. Then they have to remove the metal plate and screws that already exist in my neck and then put a new plate in that will hold all three vertebrae in place.
I asked the doctor why I couldn't have a synthetic disk instead of a bone graph. He said if I had the money to go to Europe then he would recommend I go there because their technology is about 5-6 years ahead of the U.S. So, he doesn't do the synthetic disks, he does the bone graphs.
The surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, April 14th at Barrows Neurological Institute in Phoenix (St. Joseph's Hospital).
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Even though this is not what we wanted to have to go through, it will be good for him to be able to get it fixed and work on getting his life back. Please keep him in your prayers, and thanks for all of the love and support!
Sunday, March 8, 2009
On Friday, Maddy got to take a few friends to see The Jonas Brothers 3D Concert Experience. The girls had such a great time. Then we came back home and they played the Wii, sang on the karaoke machine and we BBQ'd burgers and hotdogs and had ice cream sundaes. It was a really fun night.
Maddy's Birthday guests were. Madison Willden, Macckenzi Moncur, Ashlee Davis and Dylann Eberhard. One of her very Best Friends lives a little farther away and so Maddy got to spend time with her on Saturday. She and Lexi are the very best of friends and we wish they still lived closer to us.
1. I love when she fakes she is in trouble and pretend cries to trick me.
2. I love her cute little grin when she's happy.
3. I loved when she was younger, when she made out bed and put little candies on our pillows.
4. I love her cuddles.
5. I love how she says "I love You" at least 100 times a day!
6. I love when she helps around the house without being asked.
7. I love her independence.
8. I love how she's becomming more like her Daddy.
9. I love her giggle laugh.
10. I love her morning hugs.Deb's 10 Favorite Things about Maddy!
1. I love her beautiful red hair.
2. I love her smile and her real laugh when she doesn't know anyone is listening.
3. I love how she always asks if there is anything I need help with.
4. She is good to always include everyone when she plays.
5. I love how everytime she leaves the room she says, "I love You!"
6. I love the way she looks at herself in the mirror when she feels pretty.
7. I love seeing her in the morning. She is always happy when she gets up and gives the best snuggles.
8. I love that she likes to try new things - except food. :-)
9. I love that she is a leader.
10. I love how much she loves me all the time, even when I have had a grouchy day.