Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Finally Drain Free!!!


So we went to the Dr. today and at first he was still not going to take the drain out. There was still more fluid draining that he wanted but was concerned that after 3 1/2 weeks I might get an infection in the mesh. Initially he told me one more week no matter what. Then as Mike and I were getting ready to leave he came back in and said, "forget it, I am taking the damn thing out!" I was so excited!!!!!


Mike couldn't watch, he gets quite queazy over this stuff, but took the drain out and patched me up!! I still have an open incision but that will be healed up in a few days and in the meantime I will continue to change dressings and take it easy. But then...ALL DONE!!!!

1 comment:

jakeanddeana said...

I am glad that you are drain free! I am sure that it is a feeling that you are headed in the right direction! I hope that you are doing all right otherwise!