Sunday, September 7, 2008

Home Again!!

Well, I just got back from the first part of my 20 year high school reunion(go class of '89)...I was feeling old about this but then I saw some of the guys from the old days and I am still feeling like a young buck! (haha) Seriously, it was so great to see everyone, I was able to catch up with some dear friends and laugh about the old times. I loved High School mostly because of my friends and was so much fun to reminisce...Michele, you were truly missed though. It wasn't the same without you.

I came home to Mike being in major pain from his neck. He can't move it and can't lay flat - it is bringing back old memories of his neck surgery. He just wanted some extra TLC because he missed me so much while I was gone...If it's not one thing it's another in this house but you know, we keep laughing and smiling and counting our blessings even amongst the storms of life.

I have some of the greatest friends in my life who have always been there and this week was a chance to go back in time a little bit. I am truly blessed. I feel sometimes like I wish I had those bonds out here in Arizona and that Mike and Maddy could know some of you who are so dear to me, a little better. But it makes coming back home so sweet and I can't wait for July!

Maddy is so excited, tomorrow is Grandparents day at school and Grandma and Grandad are going to go have lunch with her. She can't wait! She feels so proud that they get to come to her school and she can show off the greatest grandparents in the world.

Thanks for all the prayers on our behalf. We ALL have struggles in one way or another, and we are blessed to know that through ours, we have the love and prayers of true friends and we have the gospel...with that on our side, we can't lose!

No comments: