Monday, December 29, 2008

Miracles, Blessings and Angels...

So the new year is fast approaching and we have so much to be thankful for. I am so amazed at the love we have received over the last several months as we have endured our recent trials. I have been thinking the last couple of days about what we have been through and what I am taking from the last year and I thought I would share a few thoughts. I

I KNOW...

The Lord is ever present in our lives and if we will allow it, He will guide us through our challenges and allow us to be better for them. I know that I am thankful for our trials because they have brought us so much closer not only to the Lord but also to each other and to many many dear friends and family who have reached out to us in love and support. I think that not having much money this year because I have not been able to work, has really allowed us to slow down and enjoy this Christmas season more for what it really means. To focus more on the Savior and more on loving the people we have near.

I KNOW...

that even when times are hard, if we rely on each other, we can help each other through the hard times. I feel somewhat unworthy of all of the love that has been poured out in my behalf. Any time that I have felt like I was overhwhelmed by what we have been facing, there has been a friend who has reached out a hand, a listening ear, sent me note of love or gone out of their way to let me know that we are not alone. That has meant more to me that you could know. I hold the relationships in my life so dear and do not take even one for granted. I only hope I can be as good of a friend back as you all have been to me.

I KNOW...

that we need to take the time to be thankful for the small miracles in our lives and I know that the Lord has put angels in our lives who have helped us by bringing in many wonderful meals, doing yard work for us when Mike was injured, helping to get Maddy to and from school, visiting me and sitting with me even when I am sure they had plenty to do themselves. Anonymous gifts left on our door step leaving us speechless and so thankful. People who have done acts of service for us and not accepting our payment. Yes, the Lord has sent many angels to us this year. I could go on and on...

I KNOW...

That prayers are heard and answered and that the faith of so many who have been praying on my behalf and the behalf of my family is what allowed me to have the miracles I did in surgery.

I am so excited for the New Year! I am excited for a year of good health, good friendships, opportunities for more missionary work and more time spent in the Temple. I know times are hard right now with our economy but I feel so rich with the relationships we have in our lives. That is what I want to focus on this year. Being a better friend, a better wife, a better mom.

Most of all - I KNOW we need to never forget to laugh. I hope we can all find things to laugh about when times are hard. I hope we can find the good in people even when they might do things to make it hard. I hope this year for me, is filled with a little more laughing, a little more forgiveness, a chance to serve more and have fewer reasons to receive. I hope you all have a Happy New Year and that you know how sincerely we love you. I have been so humbled with what has transpired in our lives so I have been really sappy but I needed to get these thoughts out so thanks for reading. Here's to a Happy and Healthy 2009!

3 comments:

Celeste said...

Truer words have never been spoken. Happy New Year and never forget that you are always in my toughts and prayers. Here's to a happier, healthier, better New Year. Love you friend!!!

Blakeley said...

Deb, I just looked at your blog and skimmed through the past year for you. Boy, oh boy! I'm so sorry you guys have had such a rough go. I'm so happy that your surgery went better than expected and hope that you have a quick and thorough recovery. Your family is adorable, and it was fun to read about how you've been. My sister has been trying to get me to start a blog for so long, but I still haven't. But, I can check out yours and feel like I'm still connected. I have lots of fun memories of you back in our college days. I'm starting to feel old, too! Anyway, love you bunches! By the way, I'm not too sharp with the whole blogging thing, so this comment may say it's from Blakeley, but it's from your old pal, Kim (Perrett) Leach. Take care.

Paco Belle said...

This is beautiful Deb and Mike. Thank you for sharing this beautiful insight. May you continue to feel loved and comforted. I sure love you guys!