Monday, December 8, 2008

Surgery Success

Today, Debbie had her surgery. When Debbie saw the doctor a few weeks ago, he said the infection was still in her intestines and in her colon. He said her colon would have to be removed and that she would have to wear a bag that attached to the large intestine. No, it does not sound good at all.

So we asked all our friends and family to pray and fast for Deb and I just got back from a very long day at the hospital and am so happy to announce that the surgery went better than expected. When the surgeon came out of the operating room he said when they went it they were surprised to see that the disease was mostly gone. There was a small part of the colon that still had the disease and they removed that part, but they were able to reattach the colon and Deb does not have to wear the bag.

The doctor attributed it to the amount of time she's been on the antibiotic, but I know we experienced a miracle. She was full of disease and after prayer and fasting by so many of you, she was spared a very painful experience.

To all of you who kept Debbie in your thoughts and prayers, I sincerely thank you.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

So glad the surgery went well!! We wish you a very speedy recovery!!

Unknown said...

YEAH :) That is great news, congrats!

Nathan and Jeanie Earl said...

WOOOO HOOOO! Way to fight miss Debarino!

Kathy said...

Excellent news!!

Brea said...

I am so happy for you... If bishop was late to get there to give you your blessing, I have to say, it was all my fault. I was the last to meet with him. But I had no idea of what your situation was. Brint and I are so happy that your surgery went well.

Brea Hiatt

Becky and Brian said...

I glad the surgery went well! I hope the recovery is quick so you can enjoy the holidays!
Becky

The Carlisle's said...

So glad to here all went well Mike. Sounds like you were truly blessed. I do need to hit you for getting me into this blog thing. It gets addicting. Actually have i given you our blog or just facebook? Anyway glad all is well.
Paula

Natalie said...

I'm so happy it went well. I hope your Christmas will be enjoyable and peaceful.